This list has been formulating for a very, very, very long time. I looked back to when I began this post and no joke…it was literally September 19, 2011! I cannot tell you where I got the idea (I’m sure I found something similar on someone’s blog) but I obliviously was intimidated by the commitment.
Over the last few years a lot has changed, including me! That being said, goals have a whole new meaning to me. They’ve been extremely fundamental in the growth of my business and myself as an individual. So to start off 2015, I’m renewing my goals with a new found passion and desire to cross them all of by my end date! To do this, they’re a lot more realistic this go around. Ha.
I’m am very pound to see that from my old I actually completed some key goals, like:
5. Run a half marathon – COMPLETED May 5, 2012
Number six was tp complete a full marathon. Haha! I’ll tell ya that isn’t happening. After my half marathon I ended up a month later having hip surgery so lets just say that was my big hoorah!
10. Get published – Completed [A lot]
I can happily say that I’ve been published a few times so for me this is a great accomplishment. Click here to check out more. But this time around I’m going to be very specific about this. I want to be published to a couple specific blogs that I just adore!
57. Shoot a wedding in the mountains – Completed September 21, 2014
I was so honored to shoot a wedding in Allenspark, CO which was near Estes Park, CO. I’ll be blogging more about that wedding day soon!
So here we are, day 1. In 1001 days from today my goal is to complete as many of the 101 goals below.
Start date: Thursday, January 1, 2015
End date: Friday, Sep. 29 2017
In no specific order, here are my 101.
love & pixels,
1. Attend a workshop – Completed Feb. 3, 2015 [Jasmine Star Workshop / Irvine, California]
2. Attend WPPI in Vegas
3. Be consistent about sending cards to my family/friends
4. Second shoot for a photographer I admire
5. Create educational tip sheets for clients
6. Create pretty client packaging – Completed [2016 Bridal Thank You Gifts]
7. Complete a personal photo series
8. Develop a life mission statement
9. Create bridal welcome gifts – Completed [2016 : Wedding Client Welcome Gifts]
10. Do a video post (eekk)
11. Enter photos in a print competition
12. Facial ☺
13. New headshots
14. Order canvas prints
15. Get to know a local photographer
16. Get published with Nebraska Wedding Day
17. Get published in print
18. Get published on Style Me Pretty
19. Get published on Wedding Essentials
20. Go camping in Colorado
21. Go hiking
22. Go sailing/Learn to sail
23. Go snowboarding again
24. Go to the Cadillac Ranch with my spray paint
25. Have our 10th Anniversary photos taken – Completed May 11, 2015 [Our First Decade]
26. Have an backyard movie night
27. Identify my buyer persona
28. Blog every weekday for a month
29. Jump off a waterfall
31.Launch my own promo video
32. Learn to scuba dive
33. Map out our world travels
34. Mentor another photographer
35. Monthly date night
36. More Devon & Ashley Days
37. Organize/Participate in two stylized shoots – 1st completed June 2015 [Omaha Nebraska Midwest Summer Wedding]
38. Paddle Board
39. Practice yoga/stretching
40. Pull out the ‘ole oil paints and create a new painting
41. Purchase a Canon 35mm 1.4L Lens
42. Purchase a Canon 85mm 1.2L Lens
43. Purchase sample albums
44. Quit my corporate job – Completed Feb. 3, 2015 [From Corporate Royal To Entrepreneur Royal]
45. Rent a beach house with friends/family
46. Ride in a hot air balloon
47. Read 12 books in a year
48. Refine my wedding workflow
49. Refine my photography style
50. See a sunrise and sunset in a single day
51. Second shoot at a wedding of someone I admire
52. Send client “End of Year” gifts
53. Sell a piece of art
54. Shoot 15 weddings in a year – Completed in 2015 Woo Hoo!
55. Shoot 25 weddings in a year
56. Shoot a tropical destination wedding
57. Shoot a wedding for free for a couple who really needs it
58. Start a new blog series – Completed [Wednesday’s Film Musings]
59. Stick to my planner
60. Style & organize my home office
61. Take a cooking class
62. Take a picnic
63. Take a road trip and stop along the way at cool places to take photos
63. Shoot 100% film during a shoot (no digital)
64. Take family portraits of a family in need
65. Start a personal art collection
66. Take more Instax photos
67. Throw a dinner party
68. Travel Europe
69. Visit Main
70. Visit Lake Tahoe
71. Workout consistently
There are a lot of great goals on here. And congrats on those that you have already accomplished. But when you work on #88, I’d love to be included. I’ve wanted to take a class for the last 3 years & just haven’t done it.
I’ll cheer you on for these, but especially #70!! Woot Woot!!
Thanks Melinda! I’ll definitely include you in #88! 🙂 That would be awesome!
Love this idea for goal setting. Might have to use this idea for myself!
[…] I know new opportunities await and with that being said I get to happily cross off an item on my 101 goals list! Oh yeah number 70 you are done and […]